Where: Centennial Park; Paperbark Grove
When: 9am - 4:30pm | Map: Click here
How to get there: From Central (Railway Square, Stand A), catch the 378 bus (check timetables here), and get off at cnr Oxford St and Jersey Rd. Then walk down Oxford St and onto Parkes Drive. Parking is also available in the park.
Fursuits: Heck Yeah! | Cost: $2 donation
Furjams oldest tradition handed down from organiser to organiser, calls us to all gather (hangover or not) at Centennial park. A bbq will be lit and many meats sacrificed. Feel the wind flowing through your fur and the outside sun warming your very furry soul. Now disregard all of that, dust off your fursuit and pump yourself up because this is definitly the highlight of the weekend! (Want to help out with the event? click here!). Fursuits are a big part of this event, but just keep in mind public sensibility.
- Dont forget to wear a hat and sunscreen.
- Feel free to bring outside games such as frisbies, a cricket set, soccer balls etc. Anything you can think of that might be fun to do.
Where: Eastern Suburbs Legion Club; 213 Bronte Rd, Waverley
When: 5pm - 11pm | Map: Click here
How to get there: Catch the 378 from Central or the BBQ to the intersection of Victoria St, Bronte Rd and Carrington Rd. The return bus to the city stops just outside the club (check timetables here). Street parking is also available.
Fursuits: Yes | Cost: $10 entry
Following the continual success of the ESLC, we'll be back there in the Starlight Room again for Saturday night. The room is located on the second floor of the club, and comes equipped with a dancefloor, projector, private bar and bathrooms, plenty of space and a wonderful view of Sydney CBD. We will be ordering pizza and there is also various restaurants and fastfood places around the ESLC. Flex your talent muscles for the various tournements that will be happening on the night, such as Uno, Poker and an Art comp. The extremely talented and hilarious Anthrax will also be back on stage with more laughs! (The majority of the equipment has been organised but any help we can get would be fantastic, as there are still a few things we need to cover! If you think you can help out with equipment lending or the night's entertainment, click here.)
- The only access to the Starlight Room, located on the second floor, is via the elevator in the downstairs bistro.
- While the bistro on the ground floor will be open for service during the evening's events, we strongly encourage attendees to either grab something to eat beforehand or to take advantage of the pizza run later in the evening. The bistro will not be able to handle individual orders for the entire group, and service will likely be somewhat delayed as it will still open to members of the public
- Fursuiters will need to remain upstairs at all times.
- For those bringing fursuits by car, the club has a drop off zone by the street entrance on Bronte Rd that can be used for unloading of bags.
- Open to all ages. However, all attendees will be required to wear wrist-bands. With distinguished wrist-bands for minors.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to the event.